"the meaning of life is to be loving and open-minded and full of
Hi there! Welcome to stjarna.com. My name is Shannon and I've been doing
this web thing for over eighteen (!) years. Lately, I've been pondering
the purpose of a personal web site. Vanity online is an odd
Since you're here, I might as well tell you a little bit about myself.
- I love photography, especially nature scenes. I moved to San
Francisco almost fifteen years ago which has changed my life in countless ways, including
giving me gorgeous nature scenes on a daily basis. ;)
- I really enjoy travelling. Driving through seven states when I moved out to
California, I decided I wanted to see the rest of the United States. I finished my quest to
visit all 50 states on October 29, 2005 when I visited Montana. I hit 23 states in one
year! Next up, all seven continents? (Only four to go!)
- I like almost anything with silver stars (which helps to explain stjarna), and in
1994, a group of amazing friends had a star named after me.
- I'm a media junkie. ;) I like music, though not to the extent I was
in college (and my bank account is grateful). I also enjoy movies and books and magazines and
fun web sites. :)
- I'm striving to be more crafty and always learn new things. I enjoy
cooking and trying new restaurants (always wishing for good Greek and
Cajun restaurants to set up in the Bay Area!).
- Many years ago, I started collecting quotes and lyrics, enjoying when
I've found someone else's words describe a situation I know well.
Random quote o' the moment:
"If we know for a fact that the final destiny of the human race is as
hyperintelligent fish sucking supersaturated algae from the tops of
rapidly cooling radioactive puddles, can we just turn ourselves into
--- Jim Marcus
stjarna.com was born on february 2, 1998. previous
incarnations of this page have existed since january 2, 1994.
this page was last modified oh-so-slightly on january 16, 2012. contact me with any comments or questions.